Estimate costs for Mortgage/Re-mortgage
Mortgage/ Re-mortgage of residential property
Our fees cover all the work required to complete a new mortgage over your property or a re-mortgage including dealing with registration at the Land Registry.
Conveyancer’s fees and disbursements
Our costs in connection with Your Re-mortgage: £350.00
VAT on the above £70.00
Land Registry fees £40.00*
Land Charges search fee(s) £3.00
Title Information Document £6.00
Bank Telegraphic Transfer fee £18×1 £18.00 incl VAT
Estimated total – £487.00
*The Land Registry fees are based on the value of the property being between £0 – £500,000 should the value of your property before than £500,001 then the fee will increase to £60.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
How long will my mortgage /re-mortgage take?
The average mortgage/re-mortgage transaction takes approximately 4-8 weeks. This can depend upon the length of time it takes to receive a mortgage offer and deal with any lender requirements.
Stages of process
The precise stages involved in the mortgage/re-mortgage vary according to the circumstances. However, the following list may assist in your understanding: –
- Take instructions from you, send out initial letter and forms for you to complete
- Receive Mortgage Offer from your new Lender
- Obtain a redemption figure from your existing Lender
- If your property is Leasehold, then we will need to liaise with your Landlord/Management Company to obtains their requirements
- Report to you on the paperwork including the mortgage papers
- Agree completion date
- Obtain an up to date redemption figure from your current Lender and the up to date position regarding payment of any service charges (if applicable)
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from your Lender if appropriate
- Complete your mortgage/re-mortgage
- Deal with application for registration at H.M Land Registry
- Send you a copy of the title information document and any other relevant document